CES 2012 New Laptop Announcements
CES 2012 starts on Monday January 9th and there’s certain to be a lot of new laptops and ultrabooks announced and shown off. We’re going to keep a constantly updated list of those laptops right here. Many of these laptops won’t be released until Spring of 2012 due to the fact they are aligned with the new Intel Ivy Bridge processor family release set for April 2012, release dates are noted next to each laptop.
- HP Envy 14 Spectre (Envy 14-3000) – The Envy 14 Spectre is mostly shrouded in mystery for now, we do know it will be a 14” thin and light laptop with a black lid. It could possibly be an ultrabook. Since it carries the Envy branding it’s sure to be a high end premium laptop and use the Intel Ivy Bridge chipset.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T430u – An ultrabook version of the popular T-series that will include an Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge processor, Nvidia graphics and a 14-inch screen.
- Lenovo ThinkPad S430 – The ThinkPad S430 is a thin and light laptop at only 0.8” thick. It will have the 3rd generation Intel Core i5 processors. The S430 is targeted at small business buyers and will be available starting at $ 749 in the Spring of 2012.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E430 – Think ThinkPad E430 replaces the current popular ThinkPad Edge E420. Design remains much the same but the processor gets updated to Intel Ivy Bridge and the new USB 3.0 port makes an appearance. Pricing will start at $ 499.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E435 – The ThinkPad E435 is the same in everyway as the E430 in terms of design except it uses but instead of using Intel inside the AMD Fusion APU is used.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E530 – The ThinkPad E530 replaces the current popular ThinkPad Edge E520. The E530 will be updated with the new Intel Ivy Bridge platform. The ThinkPad E530 offers a 15.6” screen and is a desktop style replacement laptop, it has a built-in number pad and trackpoint.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E535 – The ThinkPad E535 is the same in every way as the E530 in terms of build, but instead uses the AMD Fusion APU.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E130 – The ThinkPad E130 is an 11.6” netbook like laptop that will have Intel’s 3rd Generation Core i3 processors. The E130 will be available starting in April 2012 in select world markets.
- Lenovo ThinkPad E330 – The ThinkPad E330 is a 13.3” netbook like laptop that will have Intel’s 3rd generation of Core i3 processors. The E330 will be available starting in April 2012 in select world markets.
- Lenovo B480 – The Lenovo B480 is a budget style small business laptop that will start at a mere $ 399. It will have a 14” screen and come equipped with an Intel Celeron or Core i3 processor.
- Lenovo B580 – The Lenovo B580 is a 15” screen budget small business laptop that will start at $ 399. It will have a no frills design and come equipped with an Intel Celeron or Core i3 Processor
- Lenovo ThinkPad T430 – (Not officially announced, but expected to be) The ThinkPad T430 will be the update to the current ThinkPad T420. As you would expect the T430 will include the Intel Ivy Bridge processor platform and a 14.1” screen with hi-resolution options. The magnesium-alloy case will remain the same, don’t look for too many changes to the already tried and true formula the T420 uses.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T530 – (Not officially announced, but expected to be) The T530 will simply be a bigger 15” screen version of the ThinkPad T430. Ditto on all of the above!
- Lenovo ThinkPad X230 – (Not officially announced, but expected to be) The X230 is the ultraportable ThinkPad that’s not an Ultrabook but still weighs almost the same as an Ultrabook (and is more powerful). The X230 will use Intel’s Ivy Bridge and have a 12.5” screen the same as the current X220.
- Lenovo ThinkPad W530 – (Not officially announced, but expected to be) The W530 will replace the current W520 in Spring of 2012 and get the refreshed Intel Ivy Bridge platform. The W530 is a workstation style laptop offering dedicated graphics and a high resolution 15” screen.
We’ll be updating this list of laptops as announcements are made, if you notice anything missing please leave a comment!