Rumor: Samsung will test new update services from Galaxy S IV
- 01 February 2013
- No Comments
Information inside hands from SamMobile confirm Samsung will test a modern update service. Samsung wish To have more control inside every nation regarding changes plus sales. Samsung would like to understand how numerous equipment has been available in every nations. Samsung’s program is to stop the stores which are shipping for illustration French based software equipment to The Netherlands. Samsung won’t provide equipment upgrades should you purchased a telephone outside the house nation. This might imply stores have to pay more for equipment as well as the costs may go high. Also consumers may have to wait longer about their unique equipment. So far you could conclude from the info Samsung can begin to test this means by no longer notice trough OTA (over the air).
Another thing to understand is the fact that Samsung usually nevertheless utilize both KIES plus OTA services. But may test inside the future IMEI based updates. If Samsung chooses to utilize IMEI monitoring for changes this might be many worst method for programmers. We never anticipate Samsung to select this means at when. For Samsung at when KIES plus OTA are fine. IMEI may be risky for Samsung self too.
What does this all mean for Samsung, store plus customer?
- Control of changes inside every nation. (quicker technique of updates)
- Exact sales numbers.
- Could bring the cost up / down when required or cancel device which never market perfectly.
- Retailer should ship nation based equipment otherwise customer isn’t capable to update.
- Retailer store cost might be higher priced.
- Delay inside hot device.
- Customer isn’t capable to update their device outside the nation of origin.
- Price is high.